With 2010 being such a great year for music I just had to make a best of 2010 list in… 2011 but hey I was pretty close to actually being relevant. Now I’m gonna try to keep this short because last time I wrote anything I wrote way too fucking much. Also these aren’t in any particular order so don’t bitch about what was listed when.

Kim boekbinder - The Imposible Girl

From the second I saw her singing with a merman, I just knew that this had to be amazing and well it kind of is. I mean when you have a track called Sex Drugs and Nucelar Physics I think that’s a pretty good sign that your pretty much the best person ever.

Dum Dum Girls - I will Be

The Dum Dum Girls are pretty much the best thing ever. I mean what’s not to love all the songs are way too fucking catchy .Now if you’d let me put on my super seriuos music critic hat for a bit “they’re the perfect mix of buble gum pop and shoegaze”. Ok, I’m glad I got that out of the way so now I can go back to what I’m good at…. making fart jokes.

Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

I fucking love concept albums. Nuff said

Vampire Weekend - Contra

I know this band “sold out” because any band that has more than 10 fans is automatically a sellout but I still really love me some Vampire Weekend. This album was a huge step foward for them musically . While the first album had a couple of really strong songs like Oxford Coma in particulate being asllsorts of amazing, Contra has a consistent flow of quality through out except White sky that song can go fuck itself.

Breathe Owl Breathe - Magic Central

I’m kinda hesitant putting this on here because this is ridciluosly inconsitant. I mean when it works it’s all different kinds of amazing. The emphasis on vocals give a unique feel and the up beat tone makes it really enjoyable to listen too. But it doesn’t work, it really doesn’t fucking work. Still despit some of these songs being down right awful (Dog Walkers Of The New Age I’m looking at you), I feel that most of the songs are such a quality that the album as a whole is a very great experience.